What advice an effect of feedback?
– what exactly are the goals?
– How much information will be provided, messages?
– What mechanisms will be used
The key PSYCHOLOGICAL questions that the communication strategy should address
Kotter exemplifies this the anecdote of Martin Luther King who didn’t stand up facing the Lincoln Memorial and say: “I have an excellent strategy” and illustrate it with 10 great reasons why it turned out to be an excellent strategy. Kotter said those immortal words: “I have a dream,” and then he continued to show the folks what his dream was – he exemplified his image of the future and did so in a way that had high psychological impact.
William Bridges focuses on the psychological and emotional impact and part of the change – and poses these 3 simple questions:
to the motorists which make it necessary
(1) What is changing? Bridges offers the following guidance – the change leader’s communicating statement must:- Certainly express intention and the change leader’s understanding
– “Sell the issue before you try to market the alternative.”
– Be under 60 seconds in duration
(2) What will actually be different because of the change? Bridges says: “I go into organizations where a change initiative is well underway, and I inquire what is going to differ when the change is done-and no one can answer the question… a change might appear really significant and extremely real to the leader, but to the people that must make it work it appears rather intangible and vague until actual differences it will make begin to become clear… the drive to get those differences clear should be a significant precedence on the coordinators’ list of things you can do.”
(3) who is planning to lose what? Bridges maintains that the situational changes are as easy for businesses to make as the psychological transitions of the people impacted by the change. Transition direction is focused on seeing the specific situation through the eyes of the other man. It really is a view predicated on empathy. It’s direction and communicating process that recognises and affirms people’s realities and works with them to bring them.
5 guiding principles of a change management communication strategy that is good
So, in outline the 5 directing principles of an excellent change management communication strategy are as follows:
– Clarity of message – to ensure recognition and relevance
– Resonance of message – the mental tone and delivery of the message
– Accurate targeting – to get to the right people with all the message that is proper
– Time schedule – to achieve timely targeting of messages
– Feedback process – to ensure two way communication that is genuine
Failure reasons in change management are many and varied. But one thing is painfully clear.
The cause is http://www.comment8engage.com lack of clarity along with a lack of communicating. This is exactly what a Programme Direction based method of change is really all about and why it so significant.